Dispelling Cloud Security Myths

Research reveals 70% of businesses cite security concerns about moving to the cloud, 99% never experience a breach when there…

When hosting provider Rackspace commissioned Vanson Bourne to interview 500 decision-makers about cloud migration plans, the results suggested that security is a top-three motivator for moving to the cloud. This isn’t quite as encouraging as it first appears. While reducing IT costs resonated with 61 per cent of respondents ahead of disaster recovery for 50 per cent, security was a distant third with only 38 per cent. That leaves 62 per cent yet to get the cloud security assurance message. So why is convincing management that the cloud brings financial and functional benefits to the table so easy, but that it isn’t inherently insecure so hard?

Click here to read complete article